• Its endless runner game.It is the first game I developed for mobile.
What did I learn?
• I learnt about mobile game development in unreal engine, how to make simple power-ups, obstacles,
packaging of the project, made simple objects in 3ds max, simple power-up, basic blueprinting to make
an endless runner game and jump control.
• Make a mobile game.
• Learn about mobile game development in unreal.
• Polish blueprint skills..
Challenges faced and how I overcame them.
• I had some issues with the project not packaging.
Fix: It was a problem with some files not being updated, not being located and some being too advance for the engine to be used.
• Player not able to use power-up.
Fix: It was a problem with the timer and variable referencing in the blueprint.
• Game difficulty was easy.
Fix: To make it a bit more difficult I increased the speed which added after the player passed through the colliders that acted like a checkpoint.
• UI not showing properly in the device.
Fix: I had to re-adjust the size of the screen display ratio and re package the game.