About the project?
- • It’s a first person shooting game with different kinds of monsters that you have to shoot.
What did I learn?
- • I learnt about how to make a level design document, playtesting, bug finding, meshing, basic and advance fundamentals of designing levels.
- • Make a fun playable level.
- • Develop level design skills.
- • Make a level design document.
Challenges faced and how I overcame them.
• The level difficulty was low.
- Fix: I changed few placements of enemies and types. This made the level be a bit more difficult for the player to finish.
• Player and enemy getting stuck in the floor.
- Fix:Changed their z-axis location and did the flooring again.
• Player unable to navigate in the maze.
- Fix: Added few easy enemies and some resources to stray the player in that direction.
• Boss room level change.
- Fix: I hade a few changes in the final boss fight as it was getting a bit difficult for the player to kill the boss and other enemies.
• Trap room difficulty was too low.
- Fix: I added few more traps in the trap room and made some changes in their time delays.
• Boss enemy not spawning properly.
- Fix: Raised the height of the room and changed the z-axis location of boss spawn.
• Player is unable to cross acid pool.
- Fix: Changed and added more floor tiles which can be used by the player to go across the pool easily .
• The long corridors are too plain.
- Fix: Added some enemies and walls to make it like a zig zag pattern so its a bit more fun to play.
Playthrough, Pathway and Enemy Placements.
Skills I learned
- Game Design
- Level Design
- Bug finding